Your Rescue course in Komodo
Your Rescue course in Komodo
Perfect Conditions for Rescue Diver Training
If you plan on diving regularly, become a PADI Rescue Diver. This is the most demanding recreational course and as such, is the most transformative, fun & gratifying to complete. Gain confidence in the water & know that you are capable of helping other divers in an emergency.
Serious skills, wicked fun
Learn how to identify common problems that arise in recreational diving, why they happen and how to respond appropriately.
Complete the dive theory online before arriving to take advantage of your time in Indonesia. You will review what you learned and debate scenarios with your PADI Instructor.
A Unique Focus in Labuan Bajo
The scuba diving world is changing quickly, specifically in relation to the equipment that people use for recreational diving. Now it is very common to see different configurations for buoyancy control devices such as backplates, wings, sidemount and double tank backmount (a common configuration for technical divers). Because of this growing trend, we think it is important for our rescue divers to be comfortable helping divers in any configuration.
A big portion of this course will focus on different levels of the panicking diver, both at the surface and under the water. You will learn to identify and prevent tired divers or divers experiencing narcosis from becoming panicked divers. Finally, you will learn to locate a lost diver, bring an unconscious diver to the surface and transport them to the boat in order to start CPR and Emergency Oxygen procedures. All of these skills are practiced many times and with different equipment configurations so that you feel prepared.
The Moment of Truth
The last day of the course focuses on scenarios and testing your skills. Any and all skills from the course are fair game in the simulations and we promise, your instructor will have fun creating the drama.
All of this sounds pretty intense, right?
That’s exactly what the Rescue Course is meant to be! This course is designed to make you feel confident and be safe as a dive buddy.
- Duration: 4 days
- Dives: 2 theoretical and confined water days, 2 days of practical work in the Komodo National Park
- Maximum depth during the course: 18 meters
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Be certified as a PADI Junior Adventure Diver (with Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive) or equivalent from other organization
- Must be healthy and feel fit for diving
- Complete this medical form and if required, visit a doctor before going diving
This could be you
- Academic materials online or digital course manual copy
- Logbook & certification fees
- 2 dive days in the Komodo National Park
- Full set of dive equipment & dive computer
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks
- Unlimited coffee, tea & water
- Diving Insurance during your course
- Azul t-shirt
What’s not included?
- Komodo National Park fees
- Tipping; not compulsory, but it is appreciated!